Thursday, March 21, 2019

Faithful

I listened to the actress Amber Tamblyn read Faithful to me. The book was written by Alice Hoffman.  Normally this author adds a little magic to her stories so my ears were perked for that to come into play.  I won't tell you if there was magic or not. Some things are better off not known. In this story the heroine's name is Shelby. She starts off at age 17. A tragic thing happens and Shelby becomes ridden with guilt. It's as if she is carrying a 100 gunny sack of guilt on her back. Does Shelby find redemption? You will have to read this book to find out. I liked Shelby even though she isn't very nice. She likes dogs though and I like dogs too.

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...