Sunday, March 10, 2019

One Scoop At A Time

Today I spent two of my precious weekend hours shoveling the white precipitation so I could get my car out on the road. Unlike the dire weather reports we only got 6 inches instead of the predicted 18 and the snow was light instead of heavy. The forecast was for heavy, wet snow. The air temperature was warm enough that I soon worked up a sweat and had to take my coat off.  I shoveled in my snow pants and a sweatshirt.  As the black capped chickadees sang their love songs I answered. Just like eating an elephant, I took that driveway on one scoop at a time.  I used three different shovels to get the job done. That job is done. But, seriously folks, isn't this enough now?

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...