Sunday, March 24, 2019

Two More Harbingers of Spring

This morning I woke early and I left to swim a few laps at the gym. I stopped to buy coffee at the McDonalds restaurant across Highway 10 from the Coon Rapids high school.  As I walked to my car with my large coffee I heard a red winged blackbird calling, "Tweeeee tweeee." So I drove down that service road along the highway that leads close to the eagle nest. I opened my windows to listen for the birds. I spotted a red winged blackbird male proudly displaying his red epaulets.  I came to the end of the road and turned back again. This time I heard (but did not see) a killdeer calling.  Yep! Spring is here. Even the birds confirm the fact that winter is over at last.

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...