Sunday, November 24, 2024

Four Mounds

Tomorrow I am leaving Dubuque so today I packed up most of my stuff and put it in my car. Then I went to a park that is an 11 minute walk from here. That is the Mississippi River down there. Just to the left is the John Deere plant. I didn't know I was living so close to the river. I should have figured that out earlier as my address is on River Vista Lane.

I cannot remember ever eating a raspberry in November. I ate 6 of them and they were good.

Four Mounds Park was donated by a family member. The original owner raised pigs up here.

The scenery is amazing.

Some people live in this park. I'd like that!

I put these girls on I Nat and my phone told me they were jungle fowl. I fed them so weeds through the fence.

Then I walked down the hill near the entrance.

This is the entrance.

Heading back to my car I found this high ropes experience. A sign read not to climb unless the instructor is there. That's fine. I wasn't going to climb anyway. Twice I heard a Carolina wren sing. To me it sounds like the wren is singing "time to eat. time to eat. time to eat right now." Once in my car I continued my Duo Lingo program. I am on day two. I'm learning Japanese. So far I know sushi, rice, green tea, water, and, and thank you.

 

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...