Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hey, Hey, My, My Rock and Roll Will Never Die

Last night we went to see "Journeys,"  a film about Neil Young's concert in Canada at the Lagoon Theater.  The film covers his ride from his hometown in Canada to Massey Hall where he performs on stage all alone.  I can't imagine performing alone before a packed music hall but I suppose he is used to that kind of pressure after all his years of performing.  He plays the guitar, harmonica and piano while he sings.  Watching this film gives us a front row seat to his performance.  Sometimes we get a better than front row seat.  A camera was attached to his microphone and we got up close and personal views of his mouth, chin, face, and white hat.  I prefer to view him from more of a distance because once spittle flew from his mouth to the camera lens and we had to watch him with a blurry mark - how gross was that?  He sang some new songs and some favorites of mine.  His rendition of "Ohio" was especially good considering he was up there all alone and creating all kinds of energy.  Neil Young is a great performer.  My, my, hey, hey, rock and roll is here to stay!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...