Thursday, July 5, 2012

Outfoxed the Deer So Far

I hope I don't jinx it by saying so but I think I have outfoxed the deer this year.  They haven't been going in my garden as often this summer.  I believe the secret is I suspended the deer fence above the crops the deer most like to eat - my sunflowers.  My scarecrow didn't work.  Suspended length of shiny tape didn't work.  Blood meal didn't work.  Deer fence laid across the plants didn't work.  Suspended deer fence?  Working so far.  I suppose they don't want to get tangled in that netting.  How nice, for once, if I can bring my sunflowers to bloom instead of having the tops bitten off leaving me with a disappointing row of sticks. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...