Thursday, January 10, 2013

Already Home

Susan Mallery wrote Already Home, a book with two main characters, Jenna and Violet. Although Jenna and Violet are interesting in their own right, this isn't the kind of book where I think about the characters inbetween reading sessions.  It just didn't grab me like other books do.  Sometimes when I got back to the book I would have to think, who is Jenna again?  Oh, right, the chef who quit her job, got divorced, moved home and impulsively opened a cooking supply store without have a clue.  And Violet?  Right, she was the younger woman with the dark past who saves Jenna's business with her retail skills and marketing savvy.  It wasn't a bad book, just like a hydrox isn't a bad cookie,  Oreos are better.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...