Friday, January 25, 2013

Appreciation

Lunch breaks are busy at work.  Our schedules overlap and sometimes there is only a few minutes to talk.  Over the years I've developed lunch break relationships with many people.  We have short conversations; question and answer sessions.  How are the kids?  What is your Dad up to?  Is your brother doing any better?  Did you get to that Kohl's sale last weekend?  These casual lunch break relationships don't seem significant because we don't spend extended time together and don't socialize much outside of work.  The significance of a kind word or is huge on the right day as demonstrated to me by a coworker when she wrote this note to me:  "I sure appreciate your listening ear while we share our lunchtime-you are a kind person with a kind word when I need it.  We do have our share of laughs also.  Wanted you to know you make my day brighter and I appreciate you."  Wasn't that nice of her?  Dang, she is awesome. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...