Sunday, December 17, 2017

Coming Home

Sometimes when you travel you get closer to home. Today I traveled from my home to Iceland. Leaving the plane I saw we had to walk down the steps and walk across the tarmac. The tarmac was covered in ice.  How appropriate! Ice in Iceland. We had a delay. I thought it was the ice. Turns out the mechanics were on strike. Welcome to Europe. Labor strikes are common in Europe. After our 2 hour delay we made it to Copenhagen. That plane was delayed for unknown reasons so it turns out we were able to make our connection. From Copenhagen we flew to the Frederic Chopin airport in Warsaw (also known as Warsawza). Everybody on the little plane seemed familiar. The smiling faces; the funky clothes; the helpful gestures and even the haircuts seemed familiar. We took a taxi to our place. The driver seemed like a second cousin. We walk up 3 flights to our flat.  What do I find? My very own family. Grandgirl has pink footy pajamas that match my own. I guess I am home!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...