Friday, December 29, 2017

What Do You Want To Do Today?

I loved being asked what I want to do today.

Especially when I am asked by someone that I know has my back.

I decided to take a train from Amsterdam to Germany.

Duisburg, Germany.

Why Duisburg? Why not Duisburg?

I learned Duisburg was the most heavily bombed city in Germany during WWII because it was a manufacturing city.  It is a strange feeling to go into a museum about the war realizing my country was the aggressor and I cannot read a single sign in this museum.I have no idea how the war was interpreted. Luckily for me there is an English speaking woman translating for her 6 year old daughter. I thank her for being here today.

Duisburg! On the banks of the Rhine and the Ruhr rivers.

I could have spent hours researching what to do in Duisburg but instead I wanted to keep it casual. We found two extraordinary museums.  We had a wonderful lunch at a great restaurant.

There is lots to do in Duisburg.

The day was sunny in Duisburg.

It is nice to have a dry day for a change.

The high temperature was about 40 degrees.

I would think people would be working but many of them are out and about shopping and having fun.

We warmed up in the shopping mall and watched the people.  

Duisburg is not a tourist town.

Oh, my sciatica! Actually it's not too bad today.

Thinking about going to Duisburg?  Do it! Do it in Duisburg!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...