Thursday, December 28, 2017

Safe!

When I was a student at the University of Minnesota I took the basic psychology class. I learned about alpha brain waves. Neuroscience has always fascinated me so I focused on alpha brain waves.  Eventually I learned to recognize when my brain is experiencing the alpha brain waves. I felt alpha brain waves on a rainy afternoon while riding the "hop on/hop off" canal ride in Amsterdam.  As our boat progressed around the city my brain waves morphed into alpha waves.  I felt relaxed.  I felt safe. I felt at ease. I felt zen. I have known for a long time that being on the water is relaxing to me. Lakes, steams, oceans, and rivers are important to my peace of mind. Whether my mode of transportation is swimming, floating, inner tube, kayak,  canoe, or aircraft carrier, I relax on the water.  Another thing that relaxes me is hearing people with an eastern European accent. When I was a child some members of my family had a thick accent. Together the Amsterdam canal ride and the Dutch accents brought me to alpha wave brain/nirvana. I had a good day!

2 comments:

PCRalph said...

That's lovely! Happy Birthday Sue!
Ralph

Sue said...

Aw shucks! Thanks!

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...