Sunday, January 10, 2021

Happy Birthday Rodney


Forty five years ago was the year of America's Bicentennial. I was living in an apartment in Saint Cloud on Fifth Avenue. I had a five minute walk to campus and the Coborn's grocery store was at the end of our alley. Our one bedroom apartment was one of six apartments in an old house. Our place was on the first floor. The bedroom had three beds. I had the lower bunk. The bathroom had three towel racks. The refrigerator had three shelves. I had two roommates who were majoring in social work. We all got along pretty well. We had different tastes in music. One of us was into Boz Scaggs and Michael Johnson. The other was into Bonnie Raitt (who played in St. Cloud sometimes) and Manhattan Transfer. I liked lots of music but my all time favorite at the time was Rod Stewart. So that is why, today, on Rod's 76th birthday, the three of us reminisced about our music choices in that apartment and the good times we had there.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...