Saturday, January 2, 2021

Inspirational

 I learned today that a friend of mine passed away from a heart attack at age 75. I am shocked and sad. I worked with her. She was very sincere and professional. She didn't take short cuts at work. Even if a task was hard or nearly impossible she handled it professionally. She was very accepting of other people. Yet she could be playful too. She had Fridays off.  Every Thursday she would be sure to mention s**t (so happy it's Thursday). She loved her husband and her two children. When her husband came down with kidney failure about 15 years ago she donated one of her kidneys to him. I thought that was the most romantic thing I had ever heard of in my life. About four years ago his health was failing. He decided it was time to stop the invasive treatments to keep him alive. But he wanted to attend his own funeral. So my friend planned an early funeral for her husband at the American Legion in Anoka. They had a wonderful service. I didn't know him well but he remembered me and thanked me for coming. Her heart must have been breaking that day she attended her husband's pre-funeral but she held it together for him. He died a couple of weeks after his funeral. My friend loved to celebrate all holidays. She had clothes for every holiday. She sent Blue Mountain greetings to my email for Christmas, New Years, Valentines, Saint Patrick's Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day and Thanksgiving. She was so proud of her two children and five grandchildren. My friend also loved owls. She collected owls. She signed her name on greeting cards prefaced with "Love Owlways."  She loved to make quilts and spend time with other quilters. She also loved to travel and to spend time at her cabin fishing. I can hardly believe such a positive and generous person can leave like this. I am glad I made arrangements to meet her with another friend two years ago. The three of us had dinner together and reminisced about old times. We thanked her for her holiday greetings and told her how much they meant to us. My friend was inspirational in the way she loved and lived her life.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...