Sunday, January 24, 2021

Snow Shoes

 Last night a couple of inches of fluffy snow fell on the town so I decided it was time to put my trusty snowshoes to work. I brought along the new hiking sticks I got for Christmas. I drove to the Boulder Lake Environmental Learning Center and took to the trails for a couple of hours. My snowshoeing skills were rusty at first but gradually I gained confidence and started taking larger steps. With not a cloud in the sky the sun shone down and made the snow glitter. I wore my face mask so exhalation vapor made my eyelashes glitter too. I heard a nuthatch calling a couple times and sometimes the wind made the trees creak but the trails were very quiet for the most part. I saw a few other snowshoes and also cross country skiers. Today was a nice day to spend in the snow.



No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...