Thursday, December 16, 2021

6025

 

My road trip is over and my odometer reads 6025 miles. I averaged 100.4 miles per day. My car ran great. Aside from getting lost my most distressing issue was a flat tire on the George Washington bridge in New York City. I stayed in Rhode Island for the longest time even though we had some side trips to Massachusetts and New Hampshire and Maine. Some days I traveled in two states or three states or four states. The day we left Boston we traveled through five states including Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, Delaware, Maryland and Delaware. All wanderlust has dissipated. I can stay home for awhile now. I really enjoyed the ride across Lake Michigan on the ferry, Kalamazoo, the Cuyahoga valley, the Catskills, the east coast, the Atlantic Ocean, the Appalachian mountains, the Blue Ridge mountains and the great plains. I would definitely recommend seeing the Crane center in Baraboo, Wisconsin, the Kellogg museum in Battle Creek, Michigan, the Cuyahoga Valley national park in Ohio, the T. Roosevelt Inaugural museum in Buffalo, NY, the glass museum in Corning, NY, the Culinary Institute of America near Hyde Park, NY, the Eleanor Roosevelt national park also in Hyde Park, a Boston Pops concert in Boston, Massachusetts, Fort Adams state park in Newport, RI, Winterthur Gardens in Delaware, Abe Lincoln's birthplace and Mammoth cave in Kentucky, Gateway Arch national park in Saint Louis, and the Mark Twain town of Hannibal, Missouri. I was lucky to unwittingly avoid bad weather. I was careful to wear my mask when in public and to sanitize my hands and hotel rooms often. This road trip has been the longest trip I have ever taken. This is the first time I didn't really plan the trip ahead of time but chose to take suggestions from other people if interested. I enjoyed my adventure but now I am content to stay home and bake cookies.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...