Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Beartown

 Fredrik Backman is one of my favorite authors. I have read A Man Called Ove and My Grandma Told Me To Tell You She's Sorry and Anxious People and Britt Marie Was Here. This time I read Beartown. The story is set in Sweden in a declining small town in the forest. All of his stories are set in Sweden. This story is different in that the content is heavier than his other books. Beartown is known as a hockey town. The story is about hockey but also not about hockey. The story is about the hopes that bring a town together. The story is about the importance of standing up for what is right no matter the pressure to keep silent.I enjoyed every sentence of this fine novel.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...