Friday, September 2, 2022

City Of God

 Last week I read Homer and Langley by E.L. Doctorow and this week I read City of God. I really didn't like City Of God. This novel was about New York City but it was structured to read like a private journal of a novelist. The book  had no chapters and no quotation marks. The topics were willy nilly and the whole book was discombobulated. Several pages, here and there, were song lyrics and interpretations of song lyrics. One story was about a metallic cross at a Catholic church was stolen from the wall and later found on the roof of a Jewish synagogue. The priest from the church and the lady Rabbi investigate the mystery. The author included a lot of information about the Holocaust. I just didn't care for this messy novel. 


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...