Sunday, September 4, 2022

Water Is Life


 Today I volunteered for the non-profit Water Legacy at the Water Is Life Festival at Bayfront Park in Duluth. I stood at a table and spoke with festival participants about protecting our water from the dangers of copper mining. We answered questions and invited people to join the email list to get updates. We handed out many petitions to the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency to do something to improve the bodies of water that they decided are impaired. I learned so much today from the woman I was working with but also from the people who visited our booth. Plus I got to listen to fine music playing. If I was smarter I would have brought a jacket in which case I might have stayed until 9 p.m. when the Indigo Girls started to play.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...