Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Happy Equinox

 Tomorrow is the first full day of fall. My summer of 2022 was really a fine season. I was outside frequently. I saw lots of wildlife. I went on a road trip to the east coast and back again through Canada. I have been healthy and happy. I enjoyed sleeping with the windows open. But now fall has come and the temperature in my city will be 20 degrees cooler tomorrow than today. Also, I have gone back to school. I am attending Senior U at the University of Minnesota. Today I had two classes. My first class was on the works of E.L. Doctorow. Today we focused on the book Welcome To Hard Times and also watched part of the movie starring Henry Fonda. My second class is about world  heritage sites. World heritage sites are named by UNESCO which is part of the United Nations.  Sites can be natural or cultural or a mix of both. Today we studied two sites. I have been to the Great Barrier Reef so it was fun to revisit that. Pictures don't do it justice. I think it is more beautiful when you are wearing a wet suit and floating in the water that causes the soft coral to sway in the currents. We also studied the Taj Mahal which is something I would love to see someday. I will be busy three days a week for the next eight weeks. I am grateful that I live only a 35 minute walk away so I don't have to deal with parking up there. Happy Equinox!


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...