Monday, September 5, 2022

Pure Colour

I read Sheila Heti's novel Pure Colour but I really didn't get it. This is one of those "up in the clouds" novel that don't appeal to me. The main character is Mira. She is in college. She is close to her father and when he dies his spirit enters her. That is weird. Mira decides there are 3 kinds of people: fish egg people, bird egg people, and bear egg people. Bears don't lay eggs! Later in the story Mira and her father enter a leaf in a tree in a park. She leaves her human body that she shares with her dead father and becomes a leaf. For chapters they are in a leaf. Mira decides to leave the leaf once she sees a friend walk by. I probably should have never finished reading this book but it was short and I thought it would get better.  


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...