Friday, August 18, 2023

Gooseberry Falls

Today I drove north into Lake County which had better air quality than my own St. Louis County. I parked at Gooseberry Falls visitor center and hiked up stream on the south side of the Gooseberry River and hiked back down on the north side. I found a peaceful grove of white cedar trees.

On the way back I passed the old Gooseberry State Park visitor center. I came here many times in the 1970's and this building brings back fond memories. I have to admit that parking is much easier at the new Visitor center than it was at this old one.

This Franklin ground squirrel was looking for treats in the parking lot.

The air smelled so sweet on this hike.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...