Thursday, August 24, 2023

Picnic at Glensheen

Today Senior U had a picnic at the Glensheen mansion. A 30 piece band was playing some big band songs and some Chicago and some Louie Armstrong. The music was great.

This is Clark the shark. I am not sure why they have a shark sculpture here.

Here is a view from the formal gardens. At one time the Congdon family owned all the shore between here and Two Harbors.

The wealth of this family is just incredible. I could have gone for the tour. Somehow I get the feeling this family maybe took advantage of others to get this wealthy and so I don't want to go in and admire all the stuff they had.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...