Monday, August 7, 2023

Motorized Vehicles


 Today I hiked Pike Island which is at the confluence of the Mississippi and Minnesota Rivers at Fort Snelling State Park. The 3 mile hike around the island was very pleasant and the company was superb. I was with my offspring, daughter-in-law, grand girls, and two dogs. We saw bald eagles and red breasted nuthatches and great blue herons and great egrets and cardinals and sparrows. A boat went by on the Mississippi and the waves from the wake of the boat crashed upon the shore. We walked down the sandy bank so the dogs could drink. The water was warm. On the way back I was walking Clover and the grand girls were "helping" by holding onto the leash. We passed a group of people including a man seated in this chair. I told him it took 3 of us to control this beast. Like a lot of men, he wanted to stroke a fox hound so we let him do it. Later, as we ate our picnic lunch, we watched as his family returned this wheelchair with tank wheels to the visitor center where it could be recharged. I think it's really great that at least some state parks have these available for use.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...