Wednesday, August 30, 2023

The Nurses

 Alexandra Robbins is the author of the non-fiction book Nurses: A Year of Secrets, Drama, and Miracles With The Heroes Of The Hospitals. The book describes the careers of four different female nurses. All the nurses worked in hospitals. Some of the stuff they had to put up with was eye opening. Some nurses bully other nurses. I have seen some back stabbing moves in my day but I wouldn't have thought nurses would do that in a hospital setting. One of the nurses became addicted to drugs. She reported herself and got treatment and then went back to work. She loved her job so much she put herself back in a situation where she could obtain more drugs but managed to resist the temptation. The author followed four nurses for a year. I thought the book was very interesting.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...