Saturday, August 5, 2023

Orange World And Other Storie

I saw this book on a shelf of books to borrow and was drawn to it by the color and the title. Orange World And Other Stories is a book of eight short stories by Karen Russell. I loved her debut novel Swamplandia. Some of the short stories are horror and some are comedic and all involved magic or fantasy. I liked the one about the bog girl although it was a little grisly. The final story about the orange world is about a pregnant woman who is worried about her baby. That story is so weird yet relatable as all pregnant women have fears about their baby and their ability to be a good mother. Fantasy and horror are not my favorite genre but I did enjoy this book of short stories.


 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...