Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Hastings

Today I met one of my college room mate half way between her house in Isanti and Winona. We met about 10 a.m. at Vermillion Falls in Hastings. As you can see there is a huge quantity of water coming over these falls which are about a block away from Highway 61. As I traveled I looked over the Whitewater River, the Cannon River, the Snake Creek, and the Zumbro River. All the rivers were high. For the past week I have walked down to Levee Park here in Winona to see the river rising about 4 inches a day.

We walked along the Vermillion River for a couple of hours, had lunch downtown, walked for another hour, and drove away. Today was a fun day

 

No comments:

Central High School

Today I drove to downtown Little Rock to visit the Central High School National Park. This is a gas station restored to look like 1957 acros...