Sunday, June 2, 2024

They're Out To Get Me

 Today I was walking around a lake. The walk is 3.7 miles and I walked it a few days ago. This time I went counter clockwise which put me closer to the water. As I walked by a stretch of water that had taller trees right next to the trail I noticed a bird was following my head. I could see it's shadow on the sidewalk right above my hat. This happened the other day too. Later, as I approached the fishing dock, another red winged blackbird flew at my head and struck me twice. Aw, man, they are out to get me. Other people are walking on this path on foot or biking. I didn't see any birds attacking them. A couple of years ago we were visiting Old Montreal. Offspring #2 parked the car and I got out. Even though we were not near water, a male red winged blackbird struck me in the back of my head twice. I was in the process of putting on my sun hat and that really hurt. Today didn't hurt as much because I had my sun hat on. I guess they're out to get me. With their red epaulets they look militaristic.


No comments:

Central High School

Today I drove to downtown Little Rock to visit the Central High School National Park. This is a gas station restored to look like 1957 acros...