Friday, June 21, 2024

MMAM

Today I walked the 1.5 mile distance to the Minnesota Marine Art Museum. I spent a couple of hours looking over their five rooms on art. One exhibit was about climate change. One was all photographs. One room was on loan from the New Bedford Whaling Museum (I have been there) and featured landscapes from New England and the Hudson Valley in huge over-sized gold frames. One exhibit was about black Americans. One was about Hmong Americans. Five pictures had audio codes so I could listen to students from the University of Wisconsin at La Crosse explain what I was seeing.

Here is a replica of the Titanic. I am glad I brought my raincoat and umbrella as it poured rain all the way home.

 

No comments:

Central High School

Today I drove to downtown Little Rock to visit the Central High School National Park. This is a gas station restored to look like 1957 acros...