Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Annie Barrows

I read Annie Barrows book for children Ivy and Bean.  She has a series about Ivy and Bean. I'm not that into children's literature but I was reviewing her other book, The Truth About Us, for my book club.  Most people loved The Truth About Us, just like I did when I first read it several months back. So how does it feel to know that a room full of 30 people (minus one) loved a book you recommended?  Good.  It feels good.  And it was a good book with great character development and a good grasp of how things were in 1938.  I led the review with some basic information about the author and about current events in 1938.  We had a good discussion and now my job as book club reviewer is done for now.  Next month we're reading The Martian. I guess there is a movie coming out which is why I have to buy the book instead of borrow it from the library.  And it will be my turn to bring treats.  Maybe I will have to come up with some Martian treats.

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...