Saturday, October 24, 2015

Normally I Sleep Alone



Normally I sleep alone at night.  Last night I slept in close company with Moe, a friendly golden retriever.  Moe wanted to play.  I wanted to go to sleep.  I stretched out on the sofa that he sometimes rests on and covered myself with a blanket.  Moe thought great!  She's at my level.  I'll bring her my toy and we can play.   I didn't want to play.  I was tired.  Moe was not tired.  Every time I moved a muscle Moe took that movement as an invitation to play.  His movements indicated, "Play now?  No?  How about now?  Ready now?  If I wave my tail near your face will that make you ready to play"  I rolled over to find a more comfortable position.  Moe was right there.  "Play now?  With my toy?  I'm ready to play."  I put the pillow over my head.  Moe responds with, "Ready to play now?"  Dogs.  Gotta love their  eternal optimism.

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...