I dug up my blue potatoes today. Digging potatoes is like gambling at a casino. I get intermittent reinforcement. I dig and I don't get any potatoes. I dig again and get a big fat one. I try not to use the shovel. The potatoes didn't go very deep. I have bad luck with the shovel. I can slice 3 potatoes in half with one scoop. I use my gloved fingers and rake the ground back and forth, back and forth until I see a splotch of blue. Gold! No, not gold, only potato but it is exciting to find one. I find small button sized potatoes and others are a decent size. On my hands and knees I dig the soil and find my purple treasures. I have a couple of pounds of potatoes which will be enough to serve purple potatoes at Thanksgiving. Right now I have set them out in the garage to dry and cure for a day or two before I bring them into my lower level. I'm sure they will be delicious in November.
Saturday, October 3, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Time Of The Lotus Bloom
Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...
-
A yellow rail, one of THE MOST ELUSIVE birds around, sound like a manual typewriter. And if you're too young to know what a manual ty...
-
I received a gift from Offspring #1 - a collection of lectures on compact disk about Medieval Heroines in History and Legend. The speaker is...
-
Today I was home quite a bit and saw a plethora of birds in my yard including two "first of the year" birds at opposite ends of...
No comments:
Post a Comment