Sunday, March 26, 2023

Monitoring the Ush-kan-wan Stream in Grant Township

I also monitored the Ush-kab-wan stream. This is where I usually walk down to the edge of the water and gather water. But now I am standing on six feet of snow above the road. There was no way to get down to the water level safely. I could throw the bucket in and pull it up but then I would be collecting snow. My sample would be contaminated. 

I think it will be awhile before I can fully monitor this stream. I think an otter or a beaver climbed out of the water, walked over the road and went back into the water. This stream is on a gravel road which is a mile to the tarred road. By the time I got back to the tarred road I had mud and gravel all over my car. I seriously thought I might get stuck in the mud.

 

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...