Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Spring Ephemeral Season

Spring ephemeral wildflowers grow only for a short time before the forest leafs out. I got lucky to be visiting this national park during this season. I hope I got the names right. Rue anemone.

Long-spurred wood violet.

Bristly buttercup (both a criticism and a compliment).

Creeping phlox.

Philadelphia fleabane.

Solomon's Plume.

Mountain Doghobbie.

This is a babbling brook. Rain began to fall on my walk back to my car. I did not bring a rain coat. As I walked along the sound of heavy rain came to my ears and I was glad to see it wasn't hard rain but just a babbling brook.

Southern Foamflower.

Common blue violet.

Creeping phlox.

Loads of large white trillium.

Last but not least dwarf crested iris.

 

No comments:

Crow Mary

  Kathleen Grissom is the author of Crow Mary , a book inspired by a indigenous woman named Goes First who married a white man named Abe Far...