Friday, November 20, 2009

Magnets Attract

I don't want to clutter up the new Amana refrigerator. Which magnets do I keep and which magnets do I throw or find another place for? Some of these magnets have sentimental value. They tell a history of our family. This is the Pillsbury Dough Boy and the usually unknown Pillsbury Dough Girl. Gotta keep these. They need a bath and they're good as new.
I think this is Snorlax, one of the Pokemon group. He is large and sleepy. Actually the magnet is less than an inch and kinda cute. I'm undecided whether to keep it or toss it.
























This one is Alf, an alien puppet character in an otherwise human sit com aired from 1986-1990. This could be a collector's item? Throw or toss? Uncertain.



























This one is from an insurance agent back in the early 1980's. We were in good hands then. Throw it.















This one is from a job I had in the late 1970's at Cardiac Pacemakers. I packaged pacemakers in a clean room. I wore a white coat, booties, and a hair net. When I first started that job and we went to break I couldn't recognize any of my coworkers without their hair nets. That job wasn't my niche and I was on to other things within six months. The bar to the magnet got lost so I use a can opener to complete the circuit. It's handy for keeping a can opener around. I think this is a keeper.





This one is from Offspring #1's long running Star Trek phase. Keep or toss, it's hard to tell.























This one is from Girl Scout Troop #631. Look at that art work. Oh, this one could be converted into a tree ornament. It's a keeper.






















I think this one was made at Girl Scout day camp. I believe Blunder left some teeth marks on the butterfly wing. I think this one can go.

3 comments:

Cajo said...

SAVE SNORLAX! And the Blossom magnet if you haven't gotten rid of it. And the big yellow thing.

Sue said...

Okay, okay, they are yours.

Sue said...

Okay, okay, they are yours.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...