Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Project Feeder Watch


Yeah! It's Project Feederwatch time again. I can spend time looking at birds out the window and feel like I'm still accomplishing something. Last year I saw a total of 14 species (Canada Goose, Red-Tailed Hawk, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Downy Woodpecker, Blue Jay, American Crow, Black-capped Chickadee, White-breasted Nuthatch, American Robin, Cedar Waxwing, Dark-eyed Junco, Northern Cardinal and Purple Finch. The most birds I saw in a viewing period was 45 and the fewest was 3.

The results for this week were good: Black capped Chickadee-5, White-breasted Nuthatch-2, Cedar Waxwings-14 (gobbling up crabapples), Downy Woodpecker-1, Pileated Woodpeckers - 2 (just flying through), and American Crow-1

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...