Tuesday, November 3, 2009

No Cavities!!


I've been shopping for a new dentist for about 2 years and I think I finally found a clinic that I am willing to stay with. A couple years ago I was at a really big clinic that rhymes with Bark. This mega clinic kept ordering things or procedures that cost me out of pocket. They were sly about how they told me the costs. When I questioned them on it, they said I had signed a statement saying I knew what the costs would be. When I said I didn't want these extra, expensive procedures, they said my insurance company insisted on it. I called my insurance company to find out of that was true. It wasn't. I wasted no time in getting copies of my x-rays and finding anther clinic. I asked around. This time I tried a smaller practice. One dentist ran this clinic and she must have had input on the decor because it was a VERY feminine clinic. Everything was powder blue with baskets of flowers sitting on tables and hanging off the walls. This dentist was a talker. My first appointment was 2 hours long and I didn't even get a cleaning. She asked where I worked. She had other patients who worked at the same place and she told me all about them. She told me that my supervisor was in this very chair yesterday for two hours. Ewwww! I did not want to know that. My biggest beef with her was her gossiping. I knew if I stayed that she would talk about me just as much as I heard about others. She was breaking privacy laws right and left. Again, I asked for copies of my x-rays and left. On I went to the third clinic. This time I was satisfied. My first appointment went well. I had a cleaning and was out of there in about an hour. No gossiping. No breaking privacy laws. No trying to talk me into extra procedures. I met someone in the lobby that I knew from Girl Scouts. She told me that a couple of other people I know have been coming here for years. It's all good at the new dentist. It pays to shop around.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I know exactly who you were telling about when you said your supervisor sat in that same chair. Ditto on EWWWWW
Don and I also went to her and no longer patronize her. I am sure things were told about us too. Plus I bet a dollar to a donut we helped pay for that fancy state of the art equipment she has in her office.

Sue said...

Since I only went for two visits, she didn't make much money on me.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...