Saturday, November 5, 2011

5157.4

This morning I got dressed in warm clothes. I put on my snow pants, wool socks, neck gaiter, and three jackets.  I had an appointment to get my oil changed on my motorcycle.  My destination was about 25 miles away. Overall I was comfortable driving.  My shins were slightly cold and my hands were cold.  At stoplights I put the engine in neutral and sat on my hands to warm them up.  The bank sign said 40 degrees when I left and 53 degrees on the way home but going home didn't feel much warmer.  My odometer reads 5157.4.  I wish I had noted the mileage in the spring.  I did write down the date.  April 6 was my first ride so that gave me almost 7 months of riding.  My last ride of 2010 was October 22.  So now the bike can rest for a time with fresh oil, a fresh filter, and a full tank of stabilized gasoline.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...