Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I thought

This morning I got up and read the paper.  I always read the funnies first.  After I finished the variety section, I got up to do something.  When I came back, I didn't notice that the newspaper and my reading glasses had fallen onto the seat of my chair.  Lucky for me I have sturdy glasses.  I went to read  the front page.  I started reading about the protesters in Egypt.  The headline was fine but I couldn't focus on the print.  My glasses have bifocals so I tried adjusting my vision.  Everything was blurry.  Even after I removed the glasses, my vision was blurry.  I looked through the top of the glasses - blurry.  I looked through the middle of the glasses-blurry. I looked through the lower part of the glasses-blurry.  I held the paper farther away-blurry.  I held the paper closer-blurry.  I struggled through the front section of the paper but it was not easy.  I thought I really need to make an eye appointment and isn't this weird that my vision varies so much from day to day?  How can glasses possibly help when my vision varies so much. I got up to do something else and came back to read the metro section of the paper.  There on the seat of my chair was one of the lenses from my glasses.  No wonder I couldn't read, I was trying to read with only one eye corrected.  Once I popped the lens back in, I could read just fine.  What a relief.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...