Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Buckthorn Suddenly Apparent

Now that many leaves have come down, the glossy, waxy, dark green leaves of the European buckthorn are very apparent.  I have cut buckthorn out of my yard for the past two years and I see I still have more to do.  One is over 12 feet tall and I don't know how I missed it before.  Even more disturbing is all the buckthorn in my neighbor's woods.  The oak forest around my house is full of young buckthorn.  I am tempted to call 3 or 4 of them and point out the problem and offer to give them a hand.  I'm not sure how they would take a call like that from me.  Maybe I will talk to the neighbor I know the best and see how that goes first.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...