Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Review

Last night at book club it was my turn to review a book.  The group chose The Beginner's Goodbye by Ann Taylor.  We ended up having a great discussion.  The group was really clicking along.  People were adding comments that were short and on topic making the discussion move almost magically around the table.  I love it when a good plan comes together.  In the book a romance develops.  I totally did not see it coming.  I read the book twice and even knowing a romance was in the making, I still didn't see it coming.  Other people in the group did see the romance blooming.  Our group was about 25 people and 5 saw the romance coming.  They claim it was a comment the man made about the woman's physical presence.  I'll read it again to see if I can find it.  I am sometimes gullible and a little oblivious on picking up on social cues.  If I can find signals in a novel, maybe I will be able to find more signals in my real life as well.  One can hope!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...