Monday, December 5, 2016

I'm Back!

Three weeks after my second hip replacement I was back to work.  Was it hard to come back?  I have to admit it was a little hard but not as hard as sitting in a theater for two hours.  But the theater experience was good too because I learned that if I sit with my knees higher than my hips - it hurts.  I had such a warm welcome at work I didn't need any pain relievers.  I was welcomed back.  I was missed.  My mail box was 90% full which is job security!  I had 250 emails and only one voice mail.  Twenty years ago it would have been a much different scenario.  I'm not sure I had email at work 20 years ago and I would have come back to 40+ voice mails.  Although I got out of the house most days, I was sick to death of staying at home.  I ate lunch with my coworkers and just being there made the food taste better.  My appetite improved! I forgot how much I enjoy working.  People are fascinating and that is why I enjoy working so much.  One of the things I do is to offer a drink of water or coffee to people who come to meetings. I took a long time to get coffee for one young woman.  My slow pace of walking wasn't the reason I was slow.  I was slow because I got into a conversation with a coworker.  Another joker of a coworker noticed how long it took me to get that coffee.  Although he never drinks coffee, he jokingly asked for a cup just to be the funny man that I know he is.  "Get your own dang coffee!" I told him to the laughter of everyone at the meeting. Golly, it is good to be back.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...