Monday, December 26, 2016

That Moment!

The holiday season involves gift giving and gift receiving.  Personally? I love the gift giving more than the gift receiving.  Because that moment, when a person opens a gift and loves it! OMG, what greater joy is there? I struck gold twice in the gift giving department this year two times with my granddaughter.  First it was a banana in the Christmas stocking.  Who puts a banana in a Christmas stocking? I don't know. I guess I did. Stop all gift opening while the granddaughter eats said banana and her mother tries to keep banana residue off her beautiful Christmas dress with matching hat.  PS  She won't wear the hat. It matches but no matter, she doesn't want to wear it.  Second gift was a "Bobby,"  also known as bunny, also known as Alilo player.  She LOVED it and I was so happy.  It is shaped like a bunny (pronounced bobby).  It has soft ears that can be chewed and lots of buttons.  My granddaughter (and we have this in common) loves to push buttons.  The allilo has lots of buttons.  You can play songs or books or recordings.  I (with the help of Offspring #2) downloaded important songs like Raffi, Mule Skinner Blues, Purple People Eater, and the Beatles Yellow Submarine.  And there are sentimental songs like Mama Cass singing "Dream a little dream of me." And then there are classic American songs like "Davy Crockett" and "On Top of Spaghetti."  There is the option to record your own songs so I (after practicing 8 times) sang a regrettably terrible version of "My Bonnie Lies Over The Ocean" with Bonnie replace with my granddaughter's actual name. It was a terrible recording and I cringed whenever she played it but my gift was a hit and my holiday season was complete.
Hers is blue; not pink.  Who says boys own the color blue?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...