Monday, December 5, 2016

The Reluctant Dragon

Once upon a time I held a newborn boy.  He kicked his tiny heels kicked against my belly while Offspring #2 kicked back from the other side of my belly.  His face is a masculine version of my sibling's face.  Offspring #2 wasn't born yet but  this baby was cute as all get out. Now, he is a published playwright and the director of a play. He wrote a play! And it was published! And 60+ people performed in that play!  And it was funny! Hundreds of people attended the Sunday matinee performance.  Success!  People laughed out loud.  I laughed out loud.  Sarcasm; it's a family thing. I watched the performance of  "The Reluctant Dragon" and was so happy at my nephew's success!  If only my mother and my grandparents could see this!  They would certainly burst with pride. Wow. Just Wow!  Stand back and let the younger generation take over.  Watch out world!  Just call me "Steve."  Watch out for my inner dragon!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...