Thursday, December 8, 2016

Meant to Last A Lifetime

Although I decline the senior discount and haven't joined AARP, I jumped at the chance to get a lifetime membership in the United Stated National Parks Service.  Thinking ahead to my retirement and my plan to drive all the continental United states plus the provinces of Canada, a life time national park pass seemed like a lovely idea.  Plus I knew I might have some national parks plans for this winter.  So, almost a year ago, a sibling bought me a lifetime pass.  This week I went to find it.  Immediately I found the holder to put the pass on your windshield and the pamphlet explaining the benefits but could not find the actual pass.  What!  Meant to last a lifetime and I lost it before I could even use it once single flipping time?  I searched and searched.  I found things from 30 years ago that I didn't even know I had.  A second trip through my tiny purse where I keep important cards and there it was.  How I wish I had looked more closely the first time I went through that purse.  Anyway, the good news if I found it and plan to use it often in my lifetime (if I can keep track of it).

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...