Thursday, January 10, 2019

Istanbul

I made it to Istanbul.  Here is the photo from my hotel room. I had hoped to take a tour of the city but by the time I got to my hotel it was dark out. I don't like to travel alone after dark when I am far from home. I enjoyed my travels so far.  Logan airport in Boston was very nice. Turkish Airlines is very nice. They have great food and service. I waited in line for an hour to go through the passport area at the Istanbul airport only to find out I needed to pay $30 for a visa for the honor of spending one night in Istanbul. Then I had to go through the passport line again.  Let me tell you, going through the passport line the second time was not as fun as going through it the first time. Outside the airport I waited for my hotel shuttle.  Taksi (taxi) drivers waited there smoking and encouraging me to take a taksi instead. I declined the taxi ride. After a few minutes the second hand smoke and the beeping taksis were getting to me. In any case, I made it to Istanbul.  Everyone I met seems very nice.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...