Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Resolved!

Happy New Year faithful readers.  Are you making any resolutions?  My work friend suggested we both work on not jumping to conclusions. I think I tend to do that way more than my friend but I agreed to work on it. Jumping isn't good for me anyway. This morning as I walked into the gym I saw people putting caution tape up in the parking lot and across the parking lanes. I wondered if we were closed. I wondered if this was a crime scene. I wondered if they had a flood overnight. I walked inside and met the two men who put up the caution tape. I asked if were were open. They said we were. I asked why we were being so cautious. They explained that the club was hosting a New Year run this morning. Sixty runners were going to run together. Why did my mind jump to a murder scene?  Maybe because I am reading a very dystopian novel and I just finished watching a dystopian series on DVD (The Handmaid's Tale). Well, I have 364 more days to go to hone the skill of not jumping to conclusions.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...