Saturday, January 5, 2019

Ocean Heaven

One of the best films I have seen recently is Ocean Heaven. Set in China, this movie has stuck in my mind ever since I saw it. A single father of a son with autism tries to prepare his son for life without him. The son is an excellent swimmer. The father works at an aquarium similar to Sea World. The son swims with the fish, the dolphins and the sea turtles at the aquarium. I do not know what it is like to have a child with autism. I do have the honor of knowing quite a few parents who do have children with autism. Dafu, the son with autism, reminds me very strongly of a young man I work with. If you need an escape from your toils and troubles, take 90 minutes out of your day to watch this film.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...