Monday, September 30, 2019

A Cool Shadow

Tonight after work I went to the gym and the library. The weather was unseasonably warm. Even though I was hungry and thirsty I decided tonight was the night to drive my bike to a gas station, add Stabil to the gas, and fill it up with top quality fresh gasoline. This might possibly be my last ride of the year. I would have driven farther but dark rain clouds threatened. I do not like riding in the rain so I went straight home. But as I drove the sun was low in the sky. My shadow floated over the yellow center line as I drove past the browning fields of corn. I think my shadow riding the bike is ever so much cooler than my shadow walking or standing. I really enjoy riding that motorcycle. Sometimes I think about giving it up but then I have a ride like the ride I rode tonight and then I want to keep going on two wheels.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...