Sunday, September 22, 2019

Walk For Thought

In this photo a black, brown and white dog is being held by a person in a dog costume wearing the same colors. The costumed dog represents HHC (Hennepin Health Care).
Yesterday I attended the Walk for Thought in New Brighton put on by the Brain Injury Awareness. I was there with a local high school dance team offering support for people who suffered concussions or head injuries. I did a lot of clapping and yahooing. Randall McDaniel was there cheering people on and taking time to talk with them individually. A local news anchor was there and also a doctor who specialized in treating head injuries. After spending the morning there I was grateful that I have never conked myself on the head too hard. After that I drove to Wisconsin for a booya and to listen to my cousin's band. By 5:30 p.m. I had been on my feet for 12 hours and beginning to tire so I headed home. Still, I could not resist another look at the Saint Croix River so I had to stop in Taylor's Falls to hike the river trail. The smell of those white pine trees is so pleasant. The river looked high and was running fast. I sure hope I have time for another couple kayak rides this season.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...