Thursday, September 12, 2019

Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine

 Today we took a bus and a train to the Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine. At this shrine there are many vendors of trinkets, food and drinks. At the temple you can pay a coin to ring a bell to have your wishes met. Then you walk up the mountain through a series of orange arches. I didn't walk all the way up the mountain but I did go part way. The path through the orange arches was crowded with people trying to get photos of themselves without anyone else in the picture which was nearly impossible. We had lunch at a dumpling place. I had dumplings with tofu, dumplings with potato, and dumplings with pickled vegetables. After lunch we went to old town Kyoto. We walked through the narrow streets. We visited an art museum and more temples. Each temple was dedicated to an animal such as fox and pig and cat. We stopped at a playground for the kids to work off some energy and then headed for home. We ate at a ramen shop where we had to pay a vending machine our money before our order could be put in. We asked for vegetable ramen. I am fairly certain there was some fish sauce in my bowl but I tried not to think about it.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...